Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hospital Stay! 6/12/08

Well had a bit of a scare. On Wednesday I was sitting at home and started having some back pain. Since I have never had a baby before, I had no idea if it was a contraction or not. Well then it moved to the front and got very intense so I called the doctor and he told me to go to the hospital right away. He said it could be nothing, but since I am carrying triplets, he didn't want to take any chances. When I got there, he said I was having some minor contractions and my uterus was irritated. (Which is very normal and usually happens at 29 weeks, and I am 31 weeks) So I had to stay over night. They gave me some meds to calm my uterus and some steriods to help the babies lungs develop before they are born. Other than that, he said I am doing great and should make it to the first week of July! (35 weeks) I go back on Monday to see him again to make sure all is the same! I will keep you updated. As of now, I am on moderate bed rest, which means, I can potty and shower and feed myself, just no chores or climbing stairs or lifting anything. So I have to take it easy for the next three weeks!

Thanks for all your support!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Megan, I am glad that I was there to take you to the hospital. It was scary but I was happy that all turned out well for you and the babies and you were able to go home the next day. I am eagerly waiting the arrival of my grand-
daughters in a few weeks.
Love Mom.