Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Bluffton Street Fair!

 This was the night before, they were excited they were going to a fair the next day, even though they had no idea what a Fair was! Josh found the green mask Jace is wearing and when I took Mak to the store the other day, I saw the other three, so had to get them! They pretend they are monsters!
 I decided to take my sisters daughter with us to the fair too. I knew she would have fun and we had room... not much room, but we managed. It was VERY hard getting the kids in and out. We usually don't have one of the first row seats in so we can get them in the back easier. I think we will stick with the 4 we have, 5 would be too many!
 Well we had to take the triple stroller and then a double stroller for Jace and Josie. The girls are getting way to big for the stroller. I think this was the last time for it. We asked if they wanted to walk, but they said no, they wanted to go in the stroller. Poor Maysie is the smallest, so she got stuck in the very tiny seat. But it worked and as you can see, they were VERY excited! Jace and Josie were in their stroller a lot, just because they were not big enough for the rides, so they had to watch. They were not too happy, but we found some things they could do and got to come out. Last year we took two double strollers and did not get much attention at all. This year we got the same attention we got the year before.
 Getting ready to go down the BIG slide! They had lots of fun going down it. I forgot to tell Grandma J where the camera was so she did not get a pic of them going down it.
 Jace and Josie were NOT happy they did not get to go too, so Josh and I went down a second time and took them with us. I think Josie enjoyed it the most!
 Josie LOVED going down the slide. I stood her to the side of me so I could get up and she started taking off for the stairs! She was ready to go again.
 Oh the Strawberry ride... we went on this one last year too and they did not like it very much. Well this year we decided to give it a try again. Aunt Jarilyn went on it with them last year, but I decided to go this year...bad mistake. I do not do well with spin rides... and I knew this, but still did it. I so thought I was going to pass out and puke. It was bad, just glad we waited to eat until after rides! As for the girls...well Maysie LOVED it, Jaeli was freaked out the entire time holding onto me VERY tight. And Mak was all excited at first. And then the ride started to go and Josh told them to spin the wheel so we would spin faster. So she did, but she never let go of the wheel, so just spun with it and got caught under the wheel. Thankfully Josh grabbed her and pulled her back up right away... so no harm except it scared her a bit. Made Jaeli even more scared! But I think Mak still had fun on it!
 Next was Grandma J's favorite ride, the school bus! I decided NOT to go on anymore rides and Jaeli felt the same! So it was just Grandma, Maysie and Mak. Once Mak realized I was not on it, she freaked out and had to get off, thankfully before it started. Grandma J and Maysie had a good time on it though!
 The BIG swing. They did not have this one last year. I was sure Jaeli would be excited about it, but still did not want to go. Maysie and Mak did. I am not sure if Mak enjoyed it, but Maysie seemed to.
 The Mouse Game! Josie was able to get out and play this game with Grandma J, I think she enjoyed herself! We played until we won 5 times. There were 4 of us playing, each with a kid. Took awhile, but got it done. Jace stayed in the stroller and ate fruit snacks!
 The girls got a Abbey doll from Sesame Street and Josh said to get Jace this BIG fish... but Josie tossed the abbey doll and Jace tossed the fish. So they switched and Jace got the doll and Josie liked the fish! Only my son!
 Maysie and Aunt Jarilyn played together, I think they won a couple times.
 Jaeli had fun with Daddy, I think she put it on the same number every time. They may have won once or twice.
 And then Mak and I played. I don't think we won at all! She switched it up a few times, but the mouse never went in our numbers.
 Finally at the end, we got Jaeli to ride the train. It just went around in circles, she smiled through it all! I think they all enjoyed it.
We had one last stop before going home, the Water Gun Race! It was just us for the first 2 times, so one of us was bound to win. Not sure who won the first two, not me and Jace. I helped Jace, Josh helped Jaeli who got scared of the noise and stopped after the first or second time. And then Janna had Makenna I think and Jarilyn had Maysie...maybe. I think Janna and Jarilyn won 3 of the 4 we got. I finally won the last one. The last two times other people were playing, but we were able to beat them! So we left with 4 elephants. Josie chilled in the stroller for this one. She had this HUGE ball that some girl gave her when she yelled "Ball, Ball" and held her hands out to it. So she gave it to her. We got tired of chasing it and carrying it, so dropped it off when we ate dinner and forgot about it. Maybe we will go get it next time we go over to the club. But anyways, didn't get her an elephant because she had the ball. But I don't think she minded!
 Jace tried to help me, but we kept losing, so the last one I took over! He was happy to get out of the stroller. And of course, DID NOT want to go back in, so we carried him the rest of the way back.
 Maysie seemed to enjoy herself.
 Jaeli was looking at all the lights, you can tell she was nervous...just did not like the sound it made when someone won. It was pretty loud!
We had to bring a chair up for Josie in the morning to eat breakfast with us. I put her in Jace's room for the night and they did really well together. Naptime was not so great, they just laughed and giggled with each other tossing toys back and forth. But at least they slept through the night. As for the triplets, well that was a different story. Maysie woke up around midnight cause she had to puke. So then of course the other two had to get up too. Once Maysie felt better, took them back to bed. Maysie had to lay on the floor with me. Jaeli went right back to bed and Mak was trying to find reasons to stay awake. Drove me nuts, I just wanted to go to bed! I knew I had 5 kids to get up with, so I wanted my sleep. About an hour after I layed with them and Mak was fussing cause her knee hurt for whatever reason, Jaeli wakes up and says "YOU WAKE ME UP", it was cute, then she went back to sleep and never heard another word from her. It was funny. Finally two hours after I layed with them Mak and Maysie feel asleep. However, after I went to MY bed, either Mak or Maysie woke up wanting something, about 4 times. It was a rough night. Thankfully I have an awesome husband and he let me take a nap after he woke up. He even fed all 5 of them lunch so I could sleep.

Overall, we all had a good time and look forward to next year, hoping Jace can ride too. Better start saving now!

No comments: