Tuesday, March 29, 2011
The girls Aunt Jarilyn came home from Indy for a couple days. They always have a blast with her, she does lots of stuff with them I wont! This visit, they got make-overs! First she did their nails and then put a little make-up on them. They looked very silly, but they had a good time doing it.
Posted by Megan at 6:55 PM
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Posted by Megan at 6:28 PM
Posted by Megan at 6:05 PM
Posted by Megan at 5:57 PM
Thursday, March 17, 2011
1) Leaking Sippy Cups: Spill Proof Sippy Cups
- They just fill their mouth with the liquid and spit it out in their “play” kitchen sink OR shake it hard enough, drips just scatter everywhere.
2) 2) Opening Cupboard Doors: Safety Latches
- They just shake it fast enough and hard enough it breaks and I have to replace it over and over again.
3) 3) Entering A Forbidden Room: Safety Gate
- They just shake it and pull it enough that it slides off the wall just enough that they can walk over it to enter the forbidden room OR they just climb over it.
4) 4) Opening Dresser Drawers: Safety Latches AND String Connecting Each Drawer Together
- They watch and learn how you open them AND stick their teeny tiny little fingers through the 1” gap from the flexibility of the string and manage to pull out every article of clothing, layering sets of clothes onto themselves.
5) 5) Pulling Books Off The Bookshelf: Make It High Enough They Can’t Reach It
- They just stack their 3 mattresses on top of each other just high enough to pull each and every book off the shelf.
6) 6) Taking Clothes Off: Onesies On Backwards, Duct Tape, Backwards Sleepers, Etc…
- They pull and tug until it comes off and take every piece of clothing off just so they can take their diaper off and smear their poo all over the walls, carpet, sheets and each other.
7) 7) Removing Sheets From Mattress: Safety Diaper Pin Them On Each End Attaching to Mattress
- They just RIP the sheet until it tears away from the safety pin just because they can.
8) 8) Opening Doors: Safety Door Knobs
- They just push down the top of the knob with their palm as they turn their hand and open it… like it’s no big deal!
9) 9) 1Destroying Books: Board Books Only
- They just find every glued fold or edge and pry it just enough they can start a rip and just keep ripping away until the book is shredded into little pieces!
10 10) Climbing Onto Counters: Remove The Handles They Use As Steps
- They just use their itty bitty toes and step onto the tops of each drawer where it hangs over 1/8” and make their way up.
MORE TO COME!
MORE TO COME!
Posted by Megan at 8:29 PM
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Posted by Megan at 7:23 PM
Posted by Megan at 7:01 PM
Posted by Megan at 1:52 PM
Monday, March 14, 2011
My little guy is doomed, he often hides under his blanket to get away from the "girls"!
He just sits back, chills and watches...which leads to...
Playing with jewelry...
Wearing princess crowns...
LOVING shoes...check out his face!
And his favorite color seems to be PINK, and we can't forget (surprisingly, could not find a picture) how much he is OBSESSED with hair brushes! He also scream like a girl now...all the time!
Should I be worried? Oh I will still love him...but PLEASE don't let it be so!!
Posted by Megan at 8:20 PM
Friday, March 11, 2011
Posted by Megan at 5:28 PM
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
So day 1 (Thursday Afternoon): They did not take a nap that day, but played in their room, with their paci for an hour or so. After they came out, I grabbed all the paci's and walked them to the back door. I told them it was time for the birds to take them so we had to throw them outside to them. They cried NO of course... so I threw one out and then gave them a couple to throw. They laughed about it. So I said good job and that paci's were ucky's and they were going to be all gone. So they girls turned around to go play with some toys. I took that as my chance to run outside and grab them all while they were not looking. When I came back in, I noticed Makenna walking towards the door to look outside. She said, "Mommy, birdies took the paci's". And then of course they other two went over to see! They talked about it a few times the rest of the night. So when bedtiem came around, I layed them all down and they all asked for them, then I reminded them of where they went and they fussed for a bit, then they layed down and were quite...except for Makenna. Jae and May did great, went right to sleep. Makenna was up for 30 minutes screaming like I have never heard her scream before. She finally passed out.
Day 2 (Friday): They woke up and told me about it...early by the way. Then naptime, they asked for them, but finally layed down, however, did not go to sleep. Bedtime they did pretty good but took awhile for Mak to fall asleep again.
Day 3 (Saturday): Again, woke up and told me about them, early again. Then at naptime I got Mak and Jae to fall asleep, but not for long cause Maysie never did and got them up. Bedtime went well, they were all passed out quickly! Mak woke up once or twice.
Day 4 (Sunday): Going pretty well, no nap again though. Bedtime took them a little while, but eventually all fell asleep.
Day 5: (Monday): So far, so good. No nap, once again! They went to bed right away, however, at 4a.m. I was awaken by three little girls screaming their heads off. Josh went in to check on them and they all woke up, Makenna was the most upset! I layed in bed for an hour listening to them scream while Josh layed with them trying to get them to go back to sleep. He must have, cause I fell asleep and he was asleep on the couch.
Day 6: (Tuesday): Getting a little better. Woke up closer to normal this time.
Jaeli and Maysie do not seem bothered by it much at all. Makenna has taken it the worst. She is out of control most of the day and does not sleep well at night. She has a hard time putting herself to sleep without it. Hopefully she will learn very soon! She has been very mean to everyone, including me. There have been times she is her normal self, but it seems like I am having to punish her ALL THE TIME! I really think she is acting this way cause she misses that security. Hopefully only a few more days and it will be in the past for her. I don't know how much more I can take of her attitude though, I am lost some days as what I should do with her, and very overwhelmed. She even had me in tears one day. But its slowly getting better, so hopefully that only continues! I sure do miss my sweet and loving Makenna.
Over the last 2.5 years, I think we have had well over 2 dozen paci's. Somehow they got lost or broke and tossed away. And the picture above is what we had left...the last of them!
What the paci's did for me...
1) Put them to sleep
2) Shut them up when they were crying
3) Made them VERY happy
4) Kept them asleep at night
5) Good for bribes!
And now...They are...
Struggling to sleep
Crying much more
Fighting much more
And much more!
They were not only the girls best friend...they were mine too!
Posted by Megan at 3:39 PM
Posted by Megan at 3:20 PM
So I have a friend and know a few other mothers of multiples who are having the same problem we have... they don't keep their clothes on and play with their poop! So I decided to try and make some rompers like I have. One of my friends said she searched multiple stores for something like I have for the girls and has had NO luck finding anything close. So I am the process of making something very similar and then she is going to try it out for me to see if it works, and if it does...then I am hoping to help some other mothers out as well! I have tried a few times and something isn't always right, so I think I have it now, and hopefully have my final piece done in the next few days. I am learning the sewing machine...not that great yet, but hope to get better! And then I will be able to do all sorts of things!
Posted by Megan at 3:16 PM
Jace has been very needy lately, wanting held all the time. I am not sure if it is because he is teething or maybe another ear infection. I have been having to just let him cry when I need to do something. It drives me crazy. But he has the biggest and cutest personality, he is so adorable. I LOVE to hear him laugh and be silly. He is trying so hard to do all the girls do, just not quite big enough yet. Soon though! He is on the exact same schedule as them except he takes an extra nap in the morning and a sippy of warm milk at night. It is so much nicer than what the baby stage was like! I have four toddlers 2 and under! Crazy!
Posted by Megan at 3:12 PM
Posted by Megan at 3:07 PM