Later that night I made a rice casserole for dinner. One of Makenna's favorite meals. Well she took one look at her plate and said she wasn't hungry and did not want to eat. She said she wanted to throw up because it reminded her of the maggots on the snake. Oh my gosh! I will never forget this one. I don't think McKenna will either.
Wednesday, April 3, 2019
The Snake
One summer day, Jace brings home a dead snake he had caught in his trap in the creek near our house. He thought it was so cool but was a little sad it had died. He said it drowned and assured me it was not him who killed it. So we took this picture and then told him to take it back to the creek and let mother nature take over. He said he would. Well then a few days later Makenna comes running into the house and says "Mom! You have to come see this!" So I go outside with her and our back porch there's a snake hanging from the railing. Jason his friends decided to put a wire through its head and hang it. Why? I have no clue. I guess boys will be boys. So I grabbed two garbage bags and made the boys hold it and pull the snake down themselves. They then had to toss it. I was not helping them in any way! Gross! Not only was it surrounded in maggots, there were bees, flies, and even butterflies surrounding it.
Later that night I made a rice casserole for dinner. One of Makenna's favorite meals. Well she took one look at her plate and said she wasn't hungry and did not want to eat. She said she wanted to throw up because it reminded her of the maggots on the snake. Oh my gosh! I will never forget this one. I don't think McKenna will either.
Later that night I made a rice casserole for dinner. One of Makenna's favorite meals. Well she took one look at her plate and said she wasn't hungry and did not want to eat. She said she wanted to throw up because it reminded her of the maggots on the snake. Oh my gosh! I will never forget this one. I don't think McKenna will either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment