Tuesday, January 27, 2009

WIC

Well I had my WIC appointment today. It took awhile, but went pretty well! We were approved . We will now be getting 30 cans of formula a month and 6 boxes of cereal! We are so grateful, I don't know what we would have done. These last couple months, if it wasn't for my parents, we would have been really struggling. So thank you to my mom and dad for your help with everything, not just the formula! The lady at the WIC office said they were more than happy to help us and would help us out any other way they can. There are some progrmas they can set up for us if we need them to when the times. She also said they should be able to stay on it until they are 5 years old. So that will be nice. I also went to the DMV to get the handi-cap tag, we got it no problem. It will be nice to have on the days we can not find a parking space big enough to put the stroller next to the car/van and not behind it, especially at the hospital. I don't want to take advantage of it, so hopefully we wont have to use it very often. The girls weights were pretty much what I expected. Although, she did tell me that Jaeli and Maysie are short for their age...but I guess that runs in their dads family! Big girl Makenna is almost 20 lbs and is considered tall for her age! Miss Jaeli is almost 17 lbs, and little Maysie is only 15 lbs. She is falling behind again...I think I am going to up her to 22 cal again. They did pretty good, Makenna got cranky towards the end, but I held her and got her to sleep while talking to the lady, so it only lasted a few minutes. Thank you to grandma Janna for your help. I don't think I could have done that by myself!

3 comments:

Nicole O'Dell said...

That's fantastic! We get Wic, too. When I quit my job and we added three babies to our already full household, it was nice to find out that we qualified for some assistance. :)

It is such a HUGE blessing to not have to buy formula!

MDtripmom said...

That's great that you have qualified for WIC. I'm sure that will help out tremendously!

Proud parents of FOUR! said...

Glad you got the WIC!

Your trio are great weights. I would not worry about it. Our smallest is around 20 lbs at 16 months. So 15 lbs is not bad at all!