Monday, April 19, 2010

Bye Bye Cribs...

BEFORE NAP
AFTER NAP
Well, the day has come the girls figured out how to climb out of their cribs. If only they waited 2 weeks, their room would have been baby proofed. I busted my butt today trying to get their room at Grandma's house baby proofed before their next nap time.
So here is what happened, I put them down for a nap at 10 a.m. (which is really just play time in their cribs b/c they never sleep.) Well I went into the kitchen to make something to eat and Grandpa says, uh, I think they are out! He heard them turning the door knob. Oh boy, I was not happy! So I put them back in. Then they got out again, so again, I put them in. Out again...so they just came back out to play so mommy could figure something out.
Daddy watched them while I worked on baby proofing. Well, I heard that you could take the frame for the mattress out and just put the crib over the mattress on the floor. Well that worked for one crib, but not the others. And it was not very secure, so I figured they would find their way out anyways. And i could go spend $70 bucks a piece on crib tents, but I would have to order them, so it would be another week or two. I decided that since we will have the house soon, I will just try mattresses on the floor. I baby proofed the rest of the room best I could. Cribs went in front of the closet to block them from getting in and all their storage boxes went in the cribs.
Well, nap time did not go so hot, they NEVER slept, played, cried, fought for 2 hours straight. It was crazy. So after nap they were extremely fussy. Makenna ended up falling asleep on Grandpa about 2 hours before bedtime. I had to wake her up to eat. (Will post a picture later.) Now they are in bed...just running around and playing. Oh what I have to look forward to in the morning!
Wish us luck! Hopefully it only takes a few days for them to get used to it, but man, they are not even 2 yet!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Ugh! I am NOT looking forward to this! The only way my kids nap now is a ride in the car or if they are completely exhausted they just lay in the playroom and sleep.

Proud parents of FOUR! said...

I am sure this is not what you want to do but you could lay in there until they fall asleep then sneak out. That is what I had to do to keep them in bed. I figured giving up 30 minutes of me time to in return get them to sleep 1 1/2 hours is better than no me time at all and crabby kids. I just take a book in with me and hope I don't fall asleep myself. I only do this at nap time. Bedtime I put them in and walk out. I figure at some point in the night they will crash. :)

Jill said...

Wow, you've got some smart little girls. Good luck!
And your pictures of Jace are great! He is so cute!