Thursday, March 22, 2012

Update Makenna

I took Makenna to see a pediatric GI doctor. It was not really a success. He pretty much said it sounds like you self diagnosed her. I don't think he knew much about Fructose Malabsorption. Not many do as its not very common. We know she has it... we are sure of it. We think she may be out growing it. But just the simple fact that she had a rash on her bottom for 3 straight years, never gone more than a few days at a time. I have my doubts in doctors sometimes, they just DON'T listen. I know my child... I know what is right and wrong... So after cutting out High Fructose Corn Syrup... BAM... a week later the rash was completely gone. It comes and goes on occasion when we slip up and give her something with it in it... as well as the "Rage" episodes she has. If you could only see her in action, you would understand. I think it's hard for some people to believe an ingredient can make a child have "Rage" but it is true, but only the people who are with her on a daily basis know this and understand. Since we have cut it out, things have been so much easier! The GI doctor said he was sorry he was not much help but did suggest testing her for allergies... so they took bloood to test for Celiac (wheat), corn, dairy, nuts, soy and one other, can't remember. So we will see what the results are. If anyone... family or friends would like more information, please let me know. I have a list of foods she can not have as well as an explanation to help understand what this is. Having the support of friends and family makes the stress of it all a little less.

No comments: