Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Wedding

Makenna checking out the props at the reception!
Makenna getting ready!
Makenna playing with the balloon!
Maysie at reception! (They had a photo both with props! The girls loved them!)
Maysie after getting ready with Aunt Kristin.
Jaeli after getting ready.
Jaeli at reception.
Mak got a hold of the camera and took lots of pictures!
A view from a child's eyes!
All of us running around during pictures! They would not give us back our bouquets without having a melt down!

Well the wedding went okay... we had a few melt downs. But that was expected. The girls did not get much of a nap, maybe an hour at the most. They were pretty good while getting ready but we had to find things for them to play with. (Like my cell phone, my camera, etc.) So when the time came to get into the wagons, they had melt downs because we took them away! Especially Jaeli, she cried for probably 30 minutes straight, even as we were all walking down the aisle. I think she finally stopped as soon as she started to go down the aisle. And she was not just crying, she was screaming. So I am sure everyone got to hear it. But like the pastor said, its part of life, so its okay that that happened, it makes it that much more real! I know my sister understood and it did not seem to bother her. We were originally going to have them walk down with another flower girl, but during rehearsal they refused, so we decided to bring a couple wagons, decorate them and have two of the other flower girls pull them down.

Pictures were not so great, there was at least one of them, usually Jaeli that did not want to sit there, or she just cried. They should be interesting to see! I think Jaeli did the worst because she needs her sleep! Maybe we will get lucky and get a few good ones! I guess there is always photoshop, right?

The reception went really well. Jaeli would not eat and was a little fussy. Her and Maysie wanted held a lot by my mom and I. But we managed. Maysie had a blast dancing, as well as Makenna. Jaeli did not do a whole lot! Once we took her dress off she seemed happier, so maybe that is why. They were up 3 hours past bedtime. So I finally said that we needed to go, it was only 30 minutes before the reception was over. We stayed at my parents that night since it was closer. The girls slept in an extra hour!

After the wedding... well the last two days have not been so great! We have been very fussy, not taking naps or going to bed right away. This is why I like to stay on schedule. However, it may be because we are all feeling down lately. We have all had some kind of bug. But it does not seem to bother the girls too much. Me on the other hand, I felt horrible the last day or two. Finally starting to feel better.

It was all worth it for our Aunt Mandy! Hope you had fun and are enjoying your honeymoon!
Congrats and we love you!

I also want to say Thanks to Jarilyn, Kay, Kirby, Kathy, Cory and Callie for helping us with the kids, you guys were a huge help!

Mom and Dad you did a fantastic job! Thanks!

Thanks to anyone else who helped or had a part in it!

Once we get some of the professional pictures from my sister, we will post them!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Glad everyone madfe it through okay. Hopefully things get back to normal soon.