Sunday, December 12, 2010

Been Rough...

Well its been very rough the last couple weeks. We have had four kick babies as well as Josh and I so that was not fun at all.

Makenna has been overly mean and destructive because she has a double ear infection. I am lost as what to do with her. I really don't know anymore. She can be the sweetest little girl and then the next second she is uncontrollable. I am going to try something new, we will see how it works.

Jaeli has been overly needy and clingy. It drives me absolutely nuts. If I am not holding her, then she is right there at my legs crying for me to pick her up. I just can't handle it anymore. I think she is getting her molars in, so she is in pain as well. She has had a fever on and off for a week. It never gets higher than 101, but she sure does act sick. She also lets you know when she wants your attention, and only her. She puked on me the other day just cause Jace was trying to get me to hold him too.

Maysie has been pretty good. Except for her testing me moments, she has been the easiest! Ever since she started her medicine for her urinary tract infection she has been overly goofy and behaving well..for the most part. Maybe its something in the medicine??

Jace just wants held all the time... it doesn't usually matter who is doing the holding, but lately it seems like its almost always me. So not only do I have Jaeli begging for my lap, I have him too. And then through Makenna into the equation, I just can't handle it some days!

Grandpa Jack, Grandma B and Grandpa have been LIFE SAVERS, they have either helped me with the kids or taken them so I could have a much needed break. Without these breaks, I don't think I could make it.

I hear 4 is better than 3, so I am hoping things start to slow down at age 4! I am hoping they are hitting 3's early and I will get 4's early. If I am really lucky, Jace will just skip the 3 year old stage and go right to 4. I can hope, right?

Some days I just feel like I am failing my kids, myself, because I can't handle them. I should be able to control them, but some days they control me. I lose my temper too easily, I need to stay more calm and just keep telling myself that they are 2 years old and don't know any better. They are just learning how things, life, work. But I act in the moment, I get angry too fast. I am teaching them the wrong things. My parents give me these breaks, so why isn't that enough to refresh myself and be good for a few more days? Those of you multiples mommas that do it all on your own all day, hats off to you, I don't think I could do it. I know I am doing the best I can and that is all I can do. My New Years Resolution this year so going to be working on staying calm and thinking before I act. PLEASE...wish me luck!

On a better note...

A huge thing that keeps me going is the hugs and smiles I get multiple times a day. All these GREAT moments I have, make all the BAD ones worth it. Every day there is something new they do to make me laugh. They are growing up fast...some days not fast enough. But some days... time flys!

No comments: