Tuesday, December 21, 2010

SICK x 4

The last few weeks we have all been sick on and off. I made an apt. to get Mak and Maysie into the doctor today, but then saw signs of Ear Infections from Jaeli and Jace, so made one for them too. First time all four went to the doctor together and all were seen by the doctor. Finally found another doctor besides "their" doctor that we like and actually seems to care. I thought I was being over-protective, but I wasn't, so glad I took them all.

Makenna: She had an ear infection 2 weeks ago. She was happy as could be for 2 days after the meds were done. But then started acting up again and acting in pain. So I figured they came back or she was just "milking" the sympathy. She did get a fever on Sunday, so that pretty much told me she did have something wrong. So I was right, she has an Ear Infection, just one ear this time. The other one looked just fine. So doc put her on a different medicine this time.

Jaeli: Well something is going on with her, but just not sure what yet. I have been starting to track what happens every day for her. She has had a fever on and off for over a month now. The last three days are the first three days in a month that she has gone without a fever. It is usually low grade, sometimes up to 103.5. She is extremely moody and needy. Sometimes seems in pain and very irritable. Some days she just sits on me and does nothing, will play with a toy occasionally if I hold her. And yesterday she cried when I washed her ear, the painful cry. So I decided to take her too just to be sure. Good thing I did! Single Ear Infection and Sore Throat. First illness since born.

Maysie: A couple weeks ago she woke up and seemed fine, but then a few minutes later climbed up onto the recliner and I could not get her to open her eyes. So took her to the Emergency Room and four hours later, they told me she had Urinary Tract Infection. As soon as she started meds, she seemed just fine. Back to her silly self! Well took her to the doctor today with the others to have a repeat urine culture to see if the meds took care of it. She HATED that cause I asked them to catheterize her instead of bagging her! The bag just took way too long! We should fine out results soon! The doctor told me about the culture from the first one they had, it was not good. She had too many white blood cells and some kind of organism that is not usually found in a 2 year old. He thinks there could be a problem with her Kidneys or the way her Kidney's formed, so on Monday he is having a bunch of tests run on her. And then we will go from there. Possible IV or long-term meds to keep her from getting more UTI's. The IV is the only way to rid her of the organism. Hopefully she is fine, and hopefully that is not what Jaeli's problem has been too. Could that be an identical twin thing??

Jace: Poor little guy has been miserable for a few days. On Saturday night, he did not sleep most of the night. I had to hold him through his nap, brought back memories of him as an itty bitty baby! He slept better Sunday and Monday night, but so stuffy and drowsy. He had a fever yesterday as well. And again, just like Jaeli, when I cleaned his ears last night, it seemed to hurt him. So I just took him too just to be sure. And once again, motherly instinct was right. Double Ear Infection for him.

So all four of my babies are sick.

Hopefully we all have speedy recoveries!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

oh my! Not fun! Hopefully everyone gets better by the holidays.

We had our first since born sickness last month on just the boys. They had strep and the antibiotics cleared it up pretty quickly.

Anonymous said...

Could you maybe get pictures of them opening their Santa presents that they got...... Or maybe if you had any pictures of any Christmas parties you went to.....