Friday, August 4, 2017

Happy Birthday Friend


Today is the birthday of a very special friend. I wouldn't normally write a blog post for something like this, but this friend has a special place in my heart and although she may never even see this, I wanted to wish her a very Happy Birthday and write a little something about how important this person is to me.

There was a short time over this last year that was probably the hardest time my family and I have ever endured. We went through a very sad, rough, stressful situation and this friend of mine was there for me through it all. She didn't have to leave her family to come sit with me and comfort me, talk me through it and just listen. But she dropped everything and came. She sat with me through the tears, the fears, the worries, the laughs and the smiles.

I have many friends and family who would do the same, but the relationship this friend and I have is very special due to our history. We have known each other for probably over 15 years. We were the best of friends and then one day we become enemies. I don't remember all that happened, mostly just the feelings. The feelings I had, and the feelings I caused her to have. But we found our way back to each other, it took a couple years to truly feel comfortable and have no doubt... but we did it. I couldn't ask for a better friend. She knows me better than most, she knows my strengths and weaknesses and never judges.

Most of my "friends" are family, a few outsiders, including this person, but she is more than just a friend, she is a best friend, a sister, and a fellow mother who understands me and has been there through it all.

Thanks for being such a great friend! I hope your birthday is wonderful and you find much joy today!

No comments: