Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Mak Time

About a year or two ago, the kids started showing a lot of signs that they were struggling getting the attention they desired and needed. Having four kids, especially all the same age makes it very difficult to give them undivided attention. Mak has always been a loner in her personality, her looks, her attitude, her hobbies, everything. So of course she loves being alone and getting that attention whether it be from me, Josh, her grandma or another family member. The time that I spend with them during this alone time is very precious and I wouldn't trade it for the world. It allows me to do things with her she enjoys doing and not have to worry about taking care of the other three at the same time. Will they be happy with what she's chosen to do? Are they going to fight the whole time because they don't want to do what she wants to do, or just simply because their siblings and they fight. Just to see the joy in their face having you all to themselves is priceless. And we don't even do that much, it's just sitting with me and watching a movie or playing dolls or with Legos like I did with Mak tonight. I always take them shopping with me because you know, taking four kids to the grocery store is impossible and takes 4 hours instead of the one hour it takes me with one child. And the bills half the cost... okay well maybe not. But yes it's a struggle to get to the grocery store on the weekends with as busy as we are and so the only time I can go is during the week after work and I can't have them all with me. Josh works 2nds, so its just me! So they love going to the grocery store for their special time and helping me and of course picking out a reward for their good behavior over the last few weeks. It really works out well. Huge thanks to my mom for helping with this!



No comments: