Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ultrasound 14 weeks ... Baby #4


Yesterday I went in for a special ultrasound to check for Down's since it runs in the family. I got to see my doctor I had with the girls. He is a high risk doctor, so I did not need him for this pregnancy. But he is the only one that does this ultrasound. Everything came back normal! So that was great news! The baby looks great, and healthy. Unfortunately, it was too early to tell the sex of the baby. The heart rate was 154, so that was good! When she went to get the heart rate, the baby decided to turn to its side so we could only see its back! It was very much a mover and shaker! It is measuring exactly where it should be!

There was one thing they noticed, I think they called it a Septum. A Septum is when the uterus is heart shaped, and divided into two parts. However, the doctor said that it was impossible because if I had that, I would have never carried the girls to 34 weeks. So he then said it had to be something else, and I can not remember what he called it, but said it was nothing to worry about. I am going to ask my doctor when I go see her at the end of the month. I am mad at myself for not asking then, I don't know why I didn't. But if he said it was nothing to worry about, then I guess I shouldn't worry!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Glad to hear that everything looks good.

aileen said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://toddlergirls.net