Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Time Has Come...

Well, I have been dreading this day for a long time. In less than 2 weeks, I will no longer be a Stay At Home Mom, I will now be a Full-Time Working Mom. I think I finally found a job I can make a career out of and look forward to each day.

It is time. We need to be financially stable to take care of our family, and that consists of Josh and I both working. I could have taken a part-time job or found something to do from home; however, it would have kept us right at the border line of being stable. I, we, want to live comfortably and be able to provide our kids everything we can without struggling.

For almost three years, I have been able to spend the majority of my time with the girls, and the last 15 months with Jace. I feel so blessed to have been able to do this. A lot of mothers never get this chance. There have been days I have wanted so badly to go back to working full-time because my patience with them was tested every day, minute by minute. And then there were days I felt so lucky to be home with them, cherishing every moment. Overall, I think I will be a better mom to them because I will have more patience with them since I will only see them a couple hours a day during the week, and cherish it so much more than I do now. I have NEVER been a patient person, and having triplets, you HAVE TO BE patient. I learned it over time, as well as developing a little OCD! I have become extremely organized and am the best multi-tasker ever! I think being a mom of triplets plus one has taught me things I can use during my time away while working and help me become more successful. If I had more patience than I do now and could deal with the struggles better, I think this would be an even harder decision. Some moms are better being stay at home moms and some are better moms being full time working moms. I honestly think I will be a better mom to them becoming a full time working mom.

I am so sad to be leaving the kids each day, but I know they will be in good hands with Daddy and their Grandma's. It makes it a little better knowing they wont be in daycare all day long. In a year or two, I plan on putting them in pre-school to have interaction with other kids their age and Jace, maybe daycare once or twice a week. This will be good for them. And then around age 5 or 6 they will start full-day kindergarten. So my time with them would be cut short anyways. A great opportunity became available, so why not take it now. Who knows what the future would bring. As daddy says...live for the present.

I am so looking forward to having a career I can really enjoy and put my experience and skills to use. And most of all, I am looking forward to changing LESS poopy diapers, not having to deal with tantrums constantly and being able to have adult conversations daily. I am excited about my new position and think I will do well with the company. I have a great support system and I know it will all work itself out.

I will miss my babies and probably have lots of tears, me and them, during the first week or two. Overtime, we will all adjust and get back into a steady schedule and routine.

The one thing I will miss the most and I highly suggest to my fellow multiples moms to do if you can, is the one-on-one time I had with the kids. My mom watched three of the kids a couple days a week while I took one home with me and we spent those two days together, just them and me. They LOVED that attention, having me to themselves, and their dad. They always looked forward to it. I am so blessed we were able to do this and it is going to be hard knowing I wont be able to do this very often. We are going to try with shopping trips or other trips out to rotate taking one with us, but it wont be the same.

Overall, I think this is the best decision for our family and I am looking forward to my new career.

Thank you to my wonderful husband for giving me the chance to spend the last three years with the kids and taking on more responsibility now so I can go back to work full-time. You are the greatest husband I could ask for and I feel very blessed to have you.

Thank you to my parents for being such a huge support to us and helping us through these last three years. We could not have done it without you. I am so grateful the kids get to spend so much time with you guys and develop great relationships with you that will have an impact on them the rest of their lives.

Thank you to Josh's parents for always being here when we need you, as well as being a great support system. You have helped us in so many ways, more than you will ever know. The kids truly love spending time with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its not so much "Live for the present", as much as it is what is happening now will make or break.