Thursday, December 22, 2011

RIP Whitney, you will be missed :-(.

 Jace sure did have fun with her. He LOVED to chase her and have her pull him along with her tail.
 Jaeli saying good bye to Whitney.
I had them all play with her for awhile last night and give her hugs and kisses. I only hope they will be able to remember her when they are older. They sure did have fun with her.


Well today was the day Whitney, our dog of 13.5 years was put to sleep today. Thankfully Josh was able to be with her and treated her to two juicy steaks and a walk around the neighborhood. Two of her FAVORITE things! I wish I could have been there but I don't think I could have handled it.

We have been preparing the kids for over a month now. We told them she was going to a farm to be with the other animals far away and we wont see her again. They are just too young to understand death right now. Some day.

Today when we got home, they asked if she was at the farm. I'll I could say was yes. It is too hard to talk about it or think about it. I honestly did not think I would be very emotional about it. But after talking to Josh after she had passed on, the tears came. I know she went peacefully and her time was much over do after losing her hearing, sight and control of her bowls. But it is still really hard. She was my only baby for 10 years and apart of this family for almost 14 years.

She is what got me through my first love. After we ended things, my parents felt sorry for me and let me bring her home. A friend of mine could not take care of her anymore, so I was lucky enough to take over.

She was the cutest puppy, so full of energy and life. At 2 months old she could shake. And within weeks, she knew how to sit, stay, speak, and do so many other tricks. She was very smart and always happy to play. Her favorite things were walks, rides in the car and FOOD!

 She was great at alarming us when someone was near, too good at it that she was barking ALL the time towards the end and just got to be overwhelming. Every high pitched noise bothered her, I am sure it was hurting her ears and she would get scared so quickly. Storms were the worst, but she was always scared of them, we knew they were coming before they got here.

The worst part of it all was the last few months she had been losing control of her bowls and could not help herself. So we were constantly cleaning up her poo and that too got to be overwhelming.

She was the best dog I have ever had and I only hope some day, just maybe, I will be lucky enough to have another dog just as good as her.

I know you LOVED having the kids around because of all the food you got to eat off the floor. You were so good with them and it never bothered you when they tugged or pulled your hair. They sure did love you and you made a great companion for them.

My biggest regret is not giving her the attention and love she deserved the last 4 years. I am truly sorry for that Whitney.

I am grateful I got to say good bye to you last night and this morning. You will be missed. Rest in peace Whitney, I know you are in a better place.

No comments: