Friday, July 1, 2011

3 Years Ago

Three years ago I lay in bed awake scared and excited to welcome my three precious baby girls into this world. I did not know what to expect and I was praying everything went smoothly and my baby girls, and myself, would come out of it with no problems. I knew my life would never be the same again. I don't think I slept much that night.

I don't remember being scared when I was walking down the hall to the operating room, I don't remember being scared when they stuck the big needle in my back, I don't remember being scared when they told me they were going to start, I don't remember being scared when I felt all the pressure as they were making their way to my babies.

But I do remember feeling so grateful... I heard one very loud cry, my big girl Makenna. Within seconds I heard another cry, softer, but loud. It was Miss Jaeli Jo. And then, finally I heard my sweet baby Maysie. At that moment, I remember feeling extremely happy. They took them away and I never even got to see them. At that moment I was scared.

I remember feeling sad because I was no longer four, but one again and had no idea how my babies were. I layed there in recovery, worried and upset because I did not get to connect with them from the moment they came out. Josh brought me pictures, but it wasn't the same. I finally got to go to the NICU to see them, but I still did not feel connected to them. I was able to see them and touch them for short amounts of time the first day. And soon, I was able to hold them. The connection started and I was a proud momma! It took awhile to feel completely connected to them. I remember thinking, I have these three babies, what am I going to do. It doesn't feel like I thought it would. After a couple weeks those feelings came and all the worry went away!

The hardest part of it all was leaving Maysie behind after day 11 when Jae and Mak got to come home. I cried all the way home. But 3 days later she came home and our family was finally all together.

Life has been a challenge and a huge blessing. I could not ask for more. I have the best husband who I love more than anything and my beautiful girls (and my handsome boy Jace) who all mean the world to me.

Thank you to everyone for your help and support these last three years!

Video Montage Will Be Posted Next Weekend After Their Party.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAKENNA, JAELI AND MAYSIE!

No comments: